GENESIS OF NAYA RAIPUR
Recognizing the growing demands for high- quality urban infrastructure in the State, the Government decided to establish a modern, hi-tech, eco-friendly city immediately after the creation of the State.
The New Capital is two serve as the administrative capital of the State and also cater to the infrastructural needs of industry and trade in the region.
Naya Raipur will have State of Art technology, cherish traditions and core values, and conserve the prevailing man- nature symbiotic culture as well as abundant natural & cultural assets in the region.
MAJOR SITE SELECTION CRITERIA
• Connected to NH-6 and NH-43,
• Railway link to Vizag, Mumbai
• Close proximity to Airport and major urban centres
• Maximum Government land
• Land unsuitable for agriculture, mining and quarrying
• Land having least number of existing hu¬man settlements
• Minimum forest cover and wild life,
• Water availability and easy drainage
• Soil having good bearing capacity for eco¬nomic construction
The new city of Naya Raipur would be:
- Set in its natural surroundings thus conserving its existing landscape to include major city park, botanical park, jungle safari, theme parks, inte¬grated sports complex and a golf course.
- Accessed by an six-lane expressway, shall be equipped with modern mass transit system coupled with a city wide pedestrian corridor linking all major urban activities.
- Lively and vibrant in character with shopping malls, multiplexes, food courts, restaurants and other intensive urban activities and recreational areas.
- An intelligent and smart city with full use of information and communication technology.
- A visually pleasing cityscape in tune with the aesthetic principles of urban design and landscaping
- Equipped with state of the art physical, social and economic infrastructure – providing the city with high degree of urban convenience & cleanliness and thus with investor friendly environment.